UNIPROMOS is an Italian Association that supports the growth and sustenance of national and international groups that promote “Italianita” within their benevolent initiatives that provides a social and cultural service primarily to youth and senior programs. Moreover, UNIPROMOS has a mandate to focus their support primarily for the intercity “Youth At Risk” community.
The Toronto Azzurri SC is proud to be associated with UNIPROMOS and over the course of this inaugural year, we have partnered with UNIPROMOS in the following programs and activities:
1) April 13 2018- Toronto Azzurri Soccer “Wall of Fame “ Ceremony- Annual recognition of individuals who have made an impactful contribution to the game of Soccer in the Italo Canadian community over the past 60 years…360 people in Attendance of Gala Night.
2) May 18-Aug 18th- Toronto Azzurri Youth Development Soccer League- Now in its 20th year, this program has over 500 youth participants(ages 4-14yrs) that play recreational soccer. UNIPROMOS sponsored the participation of a division (9-10yrs old) of approx. 100 children.
3) June 2nd-Sept 3rd- Toronto Azzurri ‘Special Needs’ Soccer- Thanks to UNIPROMOS support, we were able to launch this program involving 24 young ‘Special Needs‘ participants at weekly practice sessions culminating in their participation in a provincial wide tournament on August 11th.
4) Aug 18th/Aug 20th- Toronto Azzurri International U17 Soccer Cup- Featuring Juventus FC and TFC along with two local Select teams in a two day Tournament to showcase Canadian young talent while raising funds for Toronto Azzurri ‘At Risk Youth Programs’. 3000 people in Attendance over two days.
5) UNIPROMOS in Sponsorship in these other Toronto Azzurri events:
– Toronto Azzurri Annual Golf Tournament-110 Participants-Aug.1st
– Kick for Cancer Fundraiser Event- Oct2nd- 400 Participants
– SoccerCity Gala Event- Nov. 9th- 400 Participants
– Toronto Azzurri Old Timers League-January-April(Indoor Soccer)